- 1 box Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix, plus eggs, oil, and water needed to prepare
- 24 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (like Oreos)
- 13 oz jar Marshmallow Creme (or Fluff)
- 1/2 stick (4 TBS) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners. Add a cookie to the bottom of each liner.
2. Prepare batter according to box directions. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter and bake for about 12-15 minutes, until tops spring back when lightly touched. Place on a wire rack until cool.
3. While cupcakes cool, make filling: In the bowl of a mixer, combine marshmallow creme, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until light and fluffy. Fill cooled cupcakes by either cutting a hole in the top with a small knife and spooning it in, OR piping it in with a disposable piping bag and Bismark Tip.
4. Once cupcakes are cooled and filled, prepare frosting: In the bowl of your mixer, combine butter and vanilla until smooth. Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder, beating on low until just combined. Add hot water and beat on high for about a minute. Fold in cookie crumbs. Pipe frosting on cupcakes, or frost with butter knife or spatula. Place cupcakes in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill. Eat and Enjoy!